I am a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and adults, struggling with anxiety, worry, feeling overwhelmed with school, work, or family demands, managing their behaviors in frustrating moments, and coping with loss or change in relationships and life.
I have over 20 years experience working in mental health in a range of settings. I offer services in San Francisco, CA and San Rafael, CA.
• Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PSY 21427)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) from CSPP at Alliant International University in 2004
• Master of Education in Counselor Education (M.Ed.) from Pennsylvania State University in 1996
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.) from University of California, Santa Barbara in 1994
• Grief and Loss from University of California Berkeley Extension in 2014
• Telemental Health from Person Centered Tech in 2018
• California Psychological Association
• Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
• Northern California Regional Sandplay Society
Some of you may be interested in where and with whom I trained. Call me at (415) 354-4241 and I would be happy to discuss that information with you. I think it can be more useful for you to know what it is like to work with me. You can catch a glimpse of my personality in my interview about the movie Inside Out published in the Pacific Sun. My patients often say that ‘it’s easy to talk to you” or that they “feel better” after talking with me. Parents have sometimes said it’s “helpful to have this space to think about this together” or “It’s nice to know what we’re doing right.” Most parents feel relieved to know someone is on their side and supporting their child.
Early on in my career, I had the opportunity to work with a young girl. She was struggling with the loss of her father and starting high school. She earned straight A’s, but she felt lonely, lost quite a lot of weight from dieting, and had trouble getting to sleep. Her mother turned to her church for help and the priest recommended that she start therapy. Feeling heard and understood brought her immediate relief. She finally had someone who she trusted to listen to and understand her. After working together, she made new friends, began eating more, and her sleep significantly improved. Through therapy, she learned so much about herself. She can now assert herself with more confidence and cope with her worries more effectively.
Being a part of transformations such as this, fuels my devotion to help kids and adults with feeling heard, calming their anxious mind, feeling better about who they are, and learning skills to maintain relationships that are nurturing and make them happier, especially when they change schools/jobs, cope with divorce, lose a loved one, or experience other big changes in their lives. And I would like to help you or your child too.
Please don’t wait, call me at (415) 354-4241.